Friday, July 9, 2010

Trees!

Well, today was another great day.  This team is doing an incredible job.  Every time I look I see a student doing something that makes me smile.  We started the day by planting trees around an area in Alta Munyapata that is very barren and dry.  The dream is to make the space into a nice green area where kids can play and the community can gather and be proud.  Now the place is just a deserted plot of land with heaps of rocks and trash.  The team did an awesome day digging the holes and planting the trees.  With the help of the community members I believe we planted around 30 trees today.  In the afternoon the kids attended a sporting competition that involved kids from all 7 neighborhoods that FH works in.  It was an enjoyable time and the kids were a hit!

A few smiles for me today:
30 Bolivian kids hanging on Jamar as he raced around the gymnasium
Ashley making balloon giraffes (like hundreds)
Brandon being the "sick patient" in the Doctor office drama
Lindsey giving her coat away

I have not heard from the Ravelo team today.  I know they had a very busy schedule with Home visits and other training's.  I am positive they are having a good time.  No news is good news!

Your kids are great.  We are having a blast.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am truly enjoying your daily posts. Thank you very much! The trees will no doubt be a great blessing in the years to come and soccer is always a hit. May God continue to bless all of the team and the neighborhood.
Phyllis Schulte

Matt and Francesca Jensen said...

Gosh, we sooooo wish we were there but we're thankful we can get a sense of what's taking place by your blog posts. May the Lord continue to use Hope Church to minister to the people of Bolivia!