Wednesday, July 7, 2010

They're Here!!!!!

I just walked in the door from picking up the Hope Church team from the airport and getting them settled in at their hotel.  A bus of kids from Horno Chaska were bused up to the airport to greet the team as they got off the airplane.  It was a fun welcome with LOTS of picture taking.

The team had NO issues with any of their flights and went right through customs with no problems in La Paz.  After they got in they checked into a hotel and had a quick rest before doing a little sight seeing.  After getting into Sucre, we took the team to their hotel to settle in.  Zulema, the director of the FH office met the team there for a short welcome meeting.  Next the kids are off to Horno Chaska to get aquatinted with the neighborhood they will be working with.  Following that they will be headed to our house for supper tonight.

Everyone is feeling great.  A few kids had headaches in La Paz from the altitude.  Now that they are down in Sucre everyone is feeling much better.

Those are the details I have for you at the moment.  I have some great pictures and video of the teams arrival and I will post those later tonight.  Right now I have to go because I have 30 people coming for supper tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all the travel arrangements and customs went smoothly. Thank you for posting updates. I am praying for all of you. Blessings, Phyllis Schulte (Emily's mom)

the ewings said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate the update! You are so sweet to keep us up to date so well. I hope you can enjoy some good fellowship and so thankful for you hosting them tonight for dinner!

What a blessing you are!

Chris Ewing