Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ella's first Carnaval experience!

Last Thursday morning I dropped Ella off at school as normal. I had a ladies outing that morning to celebrate Claire's birthday. On our way home, we were walking past Ella's school and I heard what sounded like a marching band coming from inside the building. I thought that was strange, so Claire and I went in to investigate. I was quite surprised to find a full fledged party going on inside! There was a band playing as loud as humanly possible and parents and kids everywhere armed with water guns and cans of spray foam. Utter chaos is the best way to describe what I was seeing. In the 5-10 mins it took me to find Ella, I was hoisting my camera up in the air to try to get some pictures.


It turns out Ella was right in front of me in this picture and I didn't even know it!


Ella and I in foam! Ella was shell shocked the whole way home.

I finally found Ella in the arms of one of the teachers. She seems like she was in some kind of daze. I think the party was way more stimulation than she had ever experienced! But the other Bolivian kids were living it up! With Bolivian parties, it seems like the louder the better, and they were having a great time. I was glad that I happened to run into one of the teachers who proceeded to inform me that there would be no school the following day, Friday. News to us! Ella was also off school Monday and Tuesday for the holiday, so we have had a nice break to celebrate!

1 comment:

Matt and Francesca Jensen said...

Poor little Ella. She does look a bit distraught and confused!