Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Another first in Bolivia

Last week January 13, I (John) experienced my 31st birthday. It was also the first week of work for me so my time at home was limited. Jennie and Ella welcomed me in the morning with a gift before work and Ella serenaded me with ¨Happy Birthday¨, I would guess, probably close to 30 times throughout the day. Jennie has also mastered the art of baking at high altitude and she cooked me up my favorite desert of all, a peach pie. Not only did the pie look incredible (see below) but it tasted spectacular. It was a great day and I am so thankful for my beautiful wife and wonderful daughter who serve and love me each day. They made my special day memorable and fun.


2 comments:

Roseann Warden said...

The pie looks great! My mouth is watering . . . Jennie, promise you'll make one for us when we visit.

Susan Schechter said...

Great job on the pie, Jennie. That definitely looks like it could have been a winner in the church pie contest! Where have you been all these years?