Thursday, July 28, 2011

Girls Trip!


While John was traveling around Latin/South American, the girls and I went back to the US to visit family.  We had a wonderful time!  It was great to enjoy a few weeks of an American summer together.  We started out spending a weekend with my brother Dan and his wife Katie in Hugo, MN.  They had build a house a few years ago there and I had never seen it!  Ella and Lydia also enjoyed bonding with their aunt and uncle.

We spent most of our time with my parents in Yankton, SD.  We did venture to Dubuque, IA for my cousins wedding, which was a great opportunity to see all of our family.  We spent the 4th of July on the Lake and Ella got to go boating, jet skiing and tubing for the first time!  We were also able to spend some time with my Aunt Amy's family in Sioux Falls.  It was fun to take in my cousin's baseball games and grill out!

Spending a few weeks with family was a great spirit lifter and we had a wonderful time!  Thanks to everyone who hosted us while we were there.  Ella and Lydia have a ton of pictures from our time in the US on their blog if you are interested!

I've missed these South Dakota sunsets!

No comments: