Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trip to South Dakota

At the beginning of the month we traveled to South Dakota to do some fundraising and visiting with family. Our first stop was Milbank, SD. This is the town I grew up in. Many towns in South Dakota have slogans. Milbank's slogan is "You'll Like Milbank". After growing up there and having lived in other places, I have come to realize how true the slogan is.

We spoke with many friends and John also had the chance to preach at the church I grew up in on Sunday. It was so fun to be back in this church, after over 3 years! This church is so special to me. I was baptized there, started in the preschool sunday school, was confirmed, went through both Jr. high and Sr. High youth group, served as interim youth pastor during a few summers while I was in college. It was through this church that I had my very first missions experience when my youth group went to Mexico. The church supported me when I was in Africa and several of the members came to Africa while I was there! There are so many wonderful people in that church who impacted me as their families shared their lives and supported our family while I was growing up. It is just amazing to me to look back on my life and see the impact this church has had on me and who I am today.  
After spending the weekend in Milbank, we headed down to Yankton, SD, where my parents live. We had a wonderful time there and had a chance to visit with other family as well. Ella and the Grandparents had a great week!

1 comment:

Rebekah Hubley said...

they look like VERY, VERY, VERY, happy and proud grandparents!!!!!